Friday, August 20, 2010

The squash bugs are mocking me…

They have now eaten every bit of squash and squash plant out there, and while I’m not really mourning the loss of the squash plants at this point, they have turned their attention to the other plants in the garden.

I would like to be able to do a second planting of some things without them being overrun, so I finally broke down and pulled out the sevin dust (seven dust?).  I marched resolutely to the garden, not proud that I was breaking my no pesticides rule, but determined to solve the squash bug problem one way or another.

I found several large groupings of bugs and murderously poured large amounts of the dust on their little buggy heads.  They, instead of following the script and politely keeling over, frolicked in the “snow” and laughed at me.

Then, it rained, and I thought any remaining chance I had at the dust actually doing its job was gone.  Two days later I went down there and I can still SMELL the stuff, but the squash bug population is thriving.

They’re down there mocking me right now.

1 comment:

  1. I lost all my squash plants very early on. Try neem oil (it considered organic) every 10 to 14 days.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - keep those comments coming!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected