Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Hectic Eclectic Family’s New Adventure

We have embarked on a new adventure, and I wasn’t sure if I should tell you about it or not.  It’s not a secret, it’s just that this is not really that sort of blog.  Since I tell you all about my antics, though, and since this is such a big part of our lives now, I’m not going to be able to NOT talk about it so here goes….

We’re homeschooling!  Well, err… sort of.  The program that we’re in is actually public school, at home.  Think of it like a hybrid – the support and resources of public school with the flexibility of homeschooling.  We have a designated curriculum, but I get to supplement as I see fit.  We’re assigned to a certified teacher for support and guidance, but I’m their learning coach.  The lesson plans are done for us, but we decide the schedule.

I won’t bore you with all the details, but we’re starting week three and we’re starting to settle in.  I’m excited about the possibilities that this holds for us – and still a little terrified about implementing it all, but that gets a little less each day.

I’ll keep you posted!

Jean

ps.  if you want more information about the program we’re in, check out Georgia Cyber Academy.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to know why you chose this program. I have considered homeschooling off and on for a couple of years but Im not sure my kids would survive long :) I will have to look into the link you gave. How are the schools in your area? Since we are in the Brookwood district in Gwinnett county, they are better than average Georgia schools but since GA is still last in the nation, Im still not all that impresses! Tell is more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are brave for homeschooling~ should be a satisfying adventure--

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - keep those comments coming!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected