Monday, April 26, 2010

some old journal entries

In an effort to clear some clutter in my house, I'm going through old papers and I found an old journal with exactly three entries.... SO.... I'm going to post them here and throw out the journal. Thank you for your support of my wierdness about throwing things away, and your patience in reading my old ramblings!


The sand on my feet is therapy. I love going to the beach anyway, but it's always especially nice when I'm stressed. It's a sort of sensual experience - when I go, what I love is the sand between my toes, the ocean breeze in my hair, the smell of salt and water all around me and the constant noise of the waves. And, of course, the view -

Today we went and the boys played and I enjoyed just listening and watching - like a sponge, trying to absorb as much as I could.

I'm so worried and compressed by what's happening around me, but I go to the beach and for one moment I am free...
the breeze blowing where it will
the gull on the wing
the water relentless and untethered...

I look at the sock lines around my ankles and think they are a metaphor for this moment at the beach.

My socks, like the world, can restrict and contain me.

Thanks be to God that I have these moments to lose them both and I can be loosed from the constraints of worry, doubt, fear...

and yes, even socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you - keep those comments coming!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected