Saturday, December 12, 2009

Little Papers, Christmas Soap and Christmas Contests!

First, some exciting news!  The hectic eclectic girl is now listed in the Best Green Blogs guide at http://www.bestgreenblogs.com.  This is a great place to go and find blogs geared toward green parenting, green living, gardening and more.  Thanks to Timothy Latz, the editor of BGB for including us!

Second - I should've included a link in my Healthier post to the Slim Shots website.  Their website is https://www.slimshots.com/ver11/index.asp.

Third -  Christmas Soap!



Which leads me to the first Christmas contest...


I am going to have several contests this month to help us all celebrate Christmas, because I love getting free stuff, and I'm pretty sure everyone else does, too!  The generous folks at Write on Main (http://www.writeonmain.com/) were nice enough to donate some Little Papers card sets to the endeavor (thanks, S!), so be sure to check them out and let them know they are appreciated!




So... your prizes for the first contest are a set of Little Papers cards with envelopes and a bar of Christmas soap from moi!  Three winners will be selected from everyone who responds with an answer to these questions...


Since we are talking about free stuff....  What are some ways that you control spending during the holidays (or DO you)?  And what are the best (and cheapest) Christmas gifts you've ever made or recieved?


Comments must be recieved by midnight on Monday, December 21st to be entered into the contest, but I'll be glad to read and enjoy later comments, too!  Winners will be notified Tuesday. December 22.

For an additional entry to this contest, please become a follower of this blog!  Leave a comment that you have done so, so I can be sure you get your extra entry.

I'm looking forward to hearing your budget saving ideas!


j

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Saw your comment on Twitter Moms Frugal & Thrifty group. We've had to really tighten our wallets this year, so I'm only buying for my teenagers. In the past, I've gotten creative by giving out handmade, decorated "certificates" for errand-running, cooking, housecleaning, and babysitting. I've also made bath salts, stationery, and just gift baskets of favorite things (coffee, pens, paper, stamps, etc), and various things I pick up for specific people at thrift stores and flea markets and on clearance throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shop throughout the year for folks, so I don't take as big a hit in December. I also set a limit for each person or family and try to stay within that. I try to pay attention to seemingly little details - they sometimes yield the best ideas (except my cousin-in-law - he is hard to shop for sometimes). The best gifts I have ever gotten are not necessarily the most expensive ones, but the ones that are thoughtful and show a true understanding of who I am and what I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you through the Blogupp app on my blog and am now a follower of yours. You have such a pretty blog and helpful posts!

    Hmmm. We are saving money this year by putting more "sweatequity" into our gifts. Really thinking about who the gift is for and what we can make or do to make their life easier. I am sewing several dresses for my toddler, as she is going through a "dresses only" stage. My son, who has Asperger's, really loves fussy things, so I maikng him a super-snuggly blanket. I am sewing cute sock and undies organizers that I designed for my daughters, who have limited drawer space. For Hubs, I am crocheting some manly foot warming footies for him to wear at night and also sewing a remote organizer. I think the best homemade gift I ever received was cocoa mix in a jar and chocolate dipped spoons for stirring coffee.

    Have a great day!
    Dawna
    www.akissandapeck.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your comments. y'all have some great ideas - I especially love the chocolate dipped spoons idea! How fun!

    I am making lots of gifts this year, too - Christmas soaps, lotions and bath teas, and then yummy stuff like chocolate chip banana bread mix in a jar. Got those done early and then just wrapped a pretty ribbon around the jar with the directions and - voila - teacher gifts!

    Thanks again for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - keep those comments coming!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected