Saturday, November 28, 2009

Healthier

Ok - I admit it.  I joined the healthy you challenge and promptly did.... nothing.  Well, not entirely nothing, I have been watching what I eat a little more closely, but, let's just say... the gym and I are not on a first name basis! 

Several weeks ago, though, I had my mirena removed.  I feel TONS better, have more energy than I've had for a long time, and I lost 7 pounds without even trying! 

So... I am recommitting to my health challenge. I am relearning my way around the gym and I have started taking slim shots to help control my appetite. 

I should say here - I am not a diet fad/ diet drug/ what have you kind of person.  Slim shots seem to be more natural than some, and I had heard of them, but was undecided about trying them.  When they offered me a chance to try them out for a review on this blog, I knew that this was as good a time as any to test them. 

I have actually been pleasantly surprised!  It's not the best taste in the world... something between chocolate and a really oily sunflower seed.  But added to another drink (I put mine in a small glass of milk) it's fine.  The meal replacement shakes I've tried have been MUCH worse.  And if I take it in the morning, after breakfast, it actually does control my appetite for the rest of the day.  Which is helping me control what I eat at mealtimes, and especially during those times of the day when I just crave snacks.

Maybe now, with my renewed energy, and slim shots and my friend Gym, I can really make some progress toward becoming a healthier me!  If I can just steer clear of those Thanksgiving leftovers...

j

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you - keep those comments coming!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected