Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Asparagus, dressed up




mmmmm.... the asparagus at Publix today looked so good I couldn't resist it. really. i tried, but I honestly have no willpower when it comes to that sort of thing.

So I brought it home with me, just in time to scramble around for dinner. I washed and trimmed it, tossed with a generous amount of olive oil, and a splash of lemon juice, and then sprinkled it with some kosher salt, some garlic, and some parmesan cheese and broiled it for 5 little minutes. Voila!

Some leftover pork roast and a little mac and cheese later and what a yum dinner, in practically no time at all!


Which was good because it left me a few minutes to deal with the mountain of pillows and blankets that the boys had piled up in the room to make jumping off the top bunk "safe"....
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Your quick dinner is making me hungry! I love asparagus!

    Love the "safety" solution...cause pillows make it completely harmless. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - keep those comments coming!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected