Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Myakka



Ran across some old photos today and thought I'd share them with you. These were taken a few years ago on a visit to my Nana. If you're ever down around Sarasota, Fl., you should check out Myakka River State Park. You can take a guided air boat ride, picnic, walk the trails or walk through the treetops in the canopy walkway! It's a great way to see a more natural view of Florida. A few years ago, when these photos were taken, Kel and I took Nana and our boys. It was fun to introduce our boys to the beauty of the place, and the adventure of discovering the local wildlife! "Mama, Mama! Look at that...(and then in hushed tones of reverence)....ALLIGATOR!" Nana and Gramp used to take me there when I was young, and I remember having pretty much the same reactions and feeling that same excitement (in fact, I pretty much still do). Isn't coming full circle interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you - keep those comments coming!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected