Saturday, January 9, 2010

Carnation Instant Breakfast Bread…

Just to show you that I really am an idiot the hectic eclectic girl, I’m going to tell you a story…

It’s a story about a girl who got an awesome bread cookbook for Christmas, and who was ready to try a recipe RIGHT NOW!  Can you guess who this girl was?  And in my  her excitement and haste to make this recipe, I she somehow missed the fact that it called for POWDERED milk.  AND in my her excitement and haste to make this recipe, I she somehow missed the fact that it called for powdered milk, AFTER I she had already added the water, and when it was too late to somehow slip it into the sponge (where the water went). 

So here’s me this unfortunate girl, searching around the kitchen for something that resembles POWDERED MILK (which was not, of course, in the house)… and then I had an idea (oh, come on – I know you know it’s me!) – I have some Carnation Instant Breakfast in the pantry!  It’s mostly milk, right?  It was even vanilla flavored!  So I added it, instead of the prescribed milk, and voila, BREAD!  It was actually really good – and you couldn’t even tell that I had gone crazy with the instant breakfast!

So take heart!  You, too, can make random substitutions intentional adjustments to your recipes successfully!

Happy Baking!

j

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! Glad it worked out ;-) sounds like sour cream and Christmas cookies maybe?

    I know all about "crazy dog" and the snow - Elliott hates getting his feet wet, but the cold weather/snow really revved him up. You should have seen Dexie "dance" across the yard when she came out of the coop yesterday. Today she looked at me when I opened the door like "You are kinding, right?"

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you - keep those comments coming!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected