Monday, October 18, 2010

Gratitude

104_0094

I got a few more apples processed today.  Still have lots left, but I’m whittling them down a little at a time.  It’s harder to do a large batch in the middle of the week when we’re doing school and, well, you know – life!

While I had a moment today, I read an article in the latest Mary Jane’s Farm magazine, about a couple who have built a whole business around the idea of gratitude.  It struck me, because of the content of the article, but also because I had just read another article about changing your attitude from one of questioning to one of recognizing things to be thankful for. I love this idea, by the way – the notion that we, ALL of us, have things to be thankful for, if only we take the time to recognize and identify them.  Not that everyone’s life is just peachy every moment of every day, of course.  It’s just that, in the midst of even the worst tragedy or the most difficult times, there are small comforts, or people who care for us, or even just beautiful sunsets that we can appreciate and for which we can give thanks.

That’s why I thought I’d start a new weekly feature!  From now until the end of December, we’ll be celebrating Thankful Thursdays.  Every Thursday, I’ll list the things I’m most thankful for that week. I’d love for you to join me, and list what you’re most appreciative of that week as well.

Even though is isn’t Thursday yet, I’ll go head and tell you that I’m ALWAYS thankful for you!  I don’t know why you listen to all my ramblings, but I’m so glad you keep coming by.  Thanks for supporting this hectic eclectic girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you - keep those comments coming!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected